From time to time the City of Leon Valley will post new job openings on this page. If you are considering a rewarding career in the public service sector please visit this page regularly. The City of Leon Valley is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a quality workforce! As position vacancies are announced, the Human Resources Office coordinates recruitment and hiring process.
The City of Leon Valley accepts applications and resumes ONLY for positions advertised. Typically job announcements are advertised in the local press, with the Texas Workforce Commission, and on various Internet sites and area education and employment offices. Applications and Job Announcements for positions are listed below. If you have trouble downloading the application, please contact the Human Resources Director at email@example.com or 210-684-1391 X 212. All Applications Can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , faxed-210-684-1515, or mailed - 6400 El Verde Rd, Leon Valley Texas, 78238.
Positions Open Include the following:
Under general supervision of the Investigations Sergeant, investigates all crimes occurring within the jurisdiction of the City of Leon Valley. This position may also require management of the police property room, responding to emergency calls where an investigator is required, overseeing crime scenes, assisting in crime prevention, providing undercover enforcement, working with outside law enforcement agencies, and conducting investigations as assigned. This position is responsible for enforcing all laws of the City, State, and the United States, and may be assigned to carry out special assignments in the field of police work; provide reports of assignments and/or do related work as required by the Investigations Sergeant.
- Minimum of a Basic Peace Officer certification is required to apply.
- Minimum of an Intermediate Peace Officer Certification is required to apply.
- Minimum of five years in law enforcement is required to apply.
- Must be able to pass physical fitness, background investigation, psychological evaluation, reading comprehension exam physical exam and drug screening.
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants who have:
- Investigative experience
- Completion of crime scene or investigator courses above the Intermediate certification requirements
- Instructed law enforcement courses and that have an instructor license issued by the Texas Commissioned on Law Enforcement
- Instructed law enforcement firearm courses and that have a firearms instructor license issued by the Texas Commissioned on Law
- Field Training Officer Certification
- Advance or Master TCOLE Certification
- Associates, Bachelor’s or Master Degree in related field
- Completion of incident management training courses as proscribed by NIMS
- Participated in emergency response scenes, to include barricaded subjects, hostage situations, and active shooter scenes
- A minimum of two years of experience in a proactive tactical unit such as Special Weapons and Tactics, Gang Unit, or a street crime unit.
- Knowledge in acquisition of equipment through DRMO, federal agencies, and grants will be given additional points when scoring of the candidates
- Estimated $51,000/ year.
- Non-Exempt Position
- Plus Certification pay
- Master $3,250/year
- Advance $2,340/year
- Intermediate $1300/year
- Basic $650/year
- $700/yr. uniform allowance
- 100% Employee Coverage for Health, Dental and Life Insurances
- Participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) 6% and 2:1 match.
CLOSING:All applications or resumes must be submitted to the Human Resources Office no later than 5:00 p.m. on, April 3, 2017. Employment applications can be located at www.leonvalleytexas.gov or City Hall located at 6400 El Verde Road, Leon Valley Texas, 78238. AA/EOE/ADA