From time to time the City of Leon Valley will post new job openings on this page. If you are considering a rewarding career in the public service sector please visit this page regularly. The City of Leon Valley is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a quality workforce! As position vacancies are announced, the Human Resources Office coordinates recruitment and hiring process.
The City of Leon Valley accepts applications and resumes ONLY for positions advertised. Typically job announcements are advertised in the local press, with the Texas Workforce Commission, and on various Internet sites and area education and employment offices. Applications and Job Announcements for positions are listed below. If you have trouble downloading the application, please contact the Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-684-1391 X 212. All Applications Can be emailed to email@example.com , faxed-210-684-1515, or mailed - 6400 El Verde Rd, Leon Valley Texas, 78238.
Positions Open Include the following:
Community Development Director
Under general direction of the City Manager is responsible for management of the Community Development Department. This job is responsible for the administration of development services to include planning, zoning, subdivision, building, construction, inspections and other related work as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate liberal arts field such as public administration, planning, or urban studies;
- A Master’s Degree in appropriate liberal arts field such as public administration, planning, or urban studies OR an acceptable combination of position-related work experience and education to allow the candidate to meet the essential job functions satisfactorily;
- A valid Texas Driver’s License;
- Must be bondable under employee blanket bond; and
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in an office environment or municipal administration - experience in planning, zoning, building inspection, code compliance, budgeting or related field.
Salary Range and Benefits:
- Negotiable DOQ
- 100% Employee Coverage for Health, Dental and Life Insurances
- Participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) 6% and 2:1 match
- Eleven (11) paid holidays per year
- Minimum of seventeen (17) eight-hour days per year of Personal Leave
- Minimum of twelve (12) eight-hour days per year of Major Medical Leave
All applications or resumes must be submitted to the Human Resources Office no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 6, 2017. Employment applications are available at the Leon Valley City Hall, 6400 El Verde Leon Valley Texas, 78238 or on the City’s website at www.LeonValleyTexas.gov. AA/EOE/ADA
For a fun and rewarding summer job, apply to be a lifeguard at the Forest Oaks Pool or the Leon Valley Community Pool! SELA Aquatics, a professional pool management company, hires and oversees the lifeguards. The minimum age to be a lifeguard is 15 years old, and you must be certified as an American Red Cross lifeguard before the first day of work. To apply, visit the SELA Aquatics website at www.SELAAquatics.com.