Volunteer Event
If you would like to be more involved in your great community, you can do so by volunteering to serve on one of the Boards/Commissions/Committees. Leon Valley has many ways you can serve. We have vacancies to fill in the following areas:

 Board of Adjustment:
The Board of Adjustment (BOA) has the power to review and approve variances from zoning ordinance requirements and administrative decisions (Zoning Interpretations) that create unnecessary hardships in the development of property because of exceptional or extraordinary conditions. Unlike other boards or commissions, the BOA makes the final decision on items that come before it; variances are not passed on to City Council for final approval. Meetings are held on-call and are typically held on Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m. in the LV Fire Department Meeting Room.

Library Board of Trustees:
This Board of seven (7) members serves for terms of two (2) years and meets on the second Tuesday of each month in the Library at 5:30 p.m. to discuss Library projects and plans, and to review Library policies. *Due to this position being around children, this will require a criminal background check.

Tree Advisory Board:
This seven (7) member Board with three (3) alternate members will meet to oversee the Leon Valley Tree Challenge and work toward the City's goal to plant 10,000 trees by the year 2020. Board members serve a two (2) year term coterminous with the Mayor. This Board began meeting in July 2009 and holds their meetings monthly at 6:00 p.m. in the LV City Hall Meeting Room.

Park Commission:           
The Park Commission (PC) is an advisory commission of Leon Valley citizens which makes recommendations to the City Council regarding park ordinances and policies, as well as serves as a liaison for the City with the public for park matters. Meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the LV Conference Center.

Appointments to these Boards and Commission will be made on Tuesday, May 15, 2018. More information is available on the application which can be found on the City website.

 You may also stop by City Hall and pick up an application. If you need assistance or have any questions, please call the City Secretary at 684-1391 ext. 216.