Lost & Found Pets
If you find a stray dog or cat within the City of Leon Valley please do not take it home with you. You're always welcome to call the Leon Valley Police Department animal control officers Heather Rodriguez (210) 684-1391 ext. 229 or Jose Barron (210) 684-1391 ext. 230.
If you have lost your pet the City of Leon Valley has teamed up with PawBoost to help you post about a found pet or locate your lost pet. It's free and helps thousands of pets make it home every year.
Post your lost pet on PawBoost for free. PawBoost is like an AMBER Alert for lost & found pets. Over 4 million pet lovers have signed up for their local lost & found pet alerts. 1,700+ pets are added to PawBoost's lost & found pets database every day.
Here is some helpful information to use:
- Stray dogs should not be picked up, captured, or trapped for your safety.
- Loose dogs - residents should contact animal control through Bexar County dispatch by dialing 911 or Bexar County Animal control at 210-335-9000.
- Provide a description of the dog and location when reporting.
- When a resident does pick up a stray dog, the resident has assumed all liability and responsibility for care, custody, and control of the dog.
- When a loose dog is picked up by animal control our officers will first check for a tag or microchip.
Lost Dogs of Texas
Lost Dogs of Texas Facebook Group
Next Door Leon Valley
Helping Lost Pets
If looking to surrender an animal please visit the San Antonio Humane Society or
The Animal Defense League.